Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Life and Death

This week has been one of ups and downs. Have had three funerals so far this week, two babies and one wedding. It's funny how things come in threes, isn't it? Kind of weird? Makes me nervous sometimes, especially when it comes to health issues - I still have small seizures from the stroke - and they usually come in threes, each one worse....ah well, no whining. Today's visitation and tomorrow's funeral is harder than most too. Valeska was a well-loved woman and will be sorely missed. I know everyone says that, she did much volunteer work and was a teacher for over thirty years. To me that is one of the most important contributions one can make - helping to shape our young people. It is so sad to me that we have memorials to others who put their lives on the line for folks but we never really acknowledge our teachers.

Sorry - tired all of a sudden - more later.....

No comments: